Student, intern, visitor or working abroad :
- You are temporarely living in Lyon, and you would like to create bonds with the local people, regardless of their age.
- You’d like to be invited, and share your cultures and ideas.
- You are willing to take part in the special events organized by the association.
Get in contact with us or our correspondant in your university or establishment. Our volonteers will put you in contact with our members and will inform you about our scheduled events.
Sharing a meal is sharing what is essential for life: eating and drinking. It also means to honor the guest or simply share a moment of friendship. “Put an extra plate on our table …” is the motto of Lyon International.
Each culture expresses the same feeling, but in different ways; in France we very much appreciate the friendly atmosphere of a good meal.
So what should you to when you’re invited?
- First, answer as quickly as possible to the family.
- Be on time for appointments.
- If you can’t make it, make sure to let your host know. Choking an invitation is a considered very rude to the family who invited you.
Remember that all families are happy to welcome you, they do it for free and they will be happy to keep in touch with you afterwards if you wish.